Saturday, September 12, 2009

Supersport and Superbike Road Legal Tyre Guide

This is a basic guide for someone who is unsure which tyres to fit to their sportsbike, but is looking to improve handling performance in certain conditions or is meerly looking to save money on the purchase cost of new tyres but need information on the compromise they may have to deal with.
This guide is compiled from 7 years of sportsbike riding on the road and 3years of trackdays. My ability has improved so I can only rate tyres as I remember them at the time. Some tyres are only rated on the front or rear if I havn't tried both. Just because a front or rear tyre performed well or badly does not mean that the pairing will necessarily perform the same although it should be safe to assume it will be in the same ballpark. I havn't included much track information because I am usually testing for races and use race tyres.


Orignal From: Supersport and Superbike Road Legal Tyre Guide

No comments: